The submission form was removed as it is already past the submission deadline.
Higher Education Forum (HEF) is an annual publication of the Research Institute for Higher Education at Hiroshima University in Japan. It aims to publish English articles by leading international scholars in the field of higher education, dealing with significant research topics. Manuscripts sent to Higher Education Forum are expected to contribute insightful research findings and contribute to the creation and distribution of knowledge with a wide international audience. Higher Education Forum welcomes original manuscripts with empirical, theoretical, methodological and practical background, which will be reviewed by more than two referees according to the double-blind review system. The exact number of the call for papers will be detailed and specified by the editors of each volume.
The process and timeline will take place as follows:
- Abstract submission: Abstracts should be submitted via the website of the Research Institute for Higher Education at Hiroshima University by February 10. However, we may stop accepting abstract submission by the timeline if sufficient numbers of abstracts have been submitted to the online system. The abstract submission should use the online system below and include the author’s name, affiliation, job title and email address. If there is more than one author, please use a semicolon (;) after each author’s information.
- Reception of result: The editors of Higher Education Forum will send you a message informing authors of the “Result of abstract review” by March 10. If the abstract is accepted by editors (and editorial board members), please proceed to manuscript submission.
- Manuscript submission: The full manuscript, as a Word file, should be submitted to the following email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 10. For detailed guidelines for the manuscript, please refer to “Author’s Guide for RIHE Higher Education Forum”.
- Manuscript Review and Result Reception: The manuscript will be reviewed by more than two referees based on the following criteria: relevance of the topic, coherence and clarity, contribution to knowledge, language, and so on. The editors will contact the author(s) informing her/him about the result of review by October 10.
- Revision: If the manuscript is accepted, authors should improve the quality of the manuscript based on constructive comments and suggestions from the reviewers. The revised version of paper should be submitted by December 10.
- Publication: Accepted articles will be published in Higher Education Forum in March every year.
** This information is valid from Volume 18 of Higher Education Forum, scheduled to be published in March 2021. Therefore, abstract submission for Volume 18 should take place by February 10, 2020.
■ Back issues are available at https://rihe.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/publications/en/hef_en/